21 February 2008

Ohgie Mcgee wonders about playing time

I'm no coach and I don't think anyone would confuse me for one out on the court, but it seems to me that you try to get you good players working well together and you also try to bring up your bench so you have depth. I can understand playing the bench in scrap time and since all of our games this year have been blowouts, well it should come as no surprise to me that I am not playing very much. Let's take a look at our last game:

We were playing New Delhi Millionaires and the final score was 151 - 23 ... we won.

Only one player played the entire game and that was our center. He was named man of the match and if you look at his final stat line, he did bring a triple double. Of course many others on the team could have done so as well if they had played the entire game. He shot 12/17 which is respectable, chipped in 10 asst, and 12 rebounds. He had a great game.

In contrast, I only played 29:49 and shot 12/13, 5asst, and 3 rebounds. I did not even play half the time this guy did and I scored within 2 points.

It can be frustrating watching others drink in the limelight and get all the stats when you know you could do so as well if you were given a full opportunity. I still question why any team has more than 6 players in this league (well maybe 7 if you're really concerned about fouls). There are no injuries, any well developed character has stamina all game, and people do not fouls out very often if they train right. So I sit on the bench and watch at least half of a pro vs high school game every night. I am just worried about keeping my motivation up. Maybe if I headed over to http:www.talkdep.com I could message my coach and talk to him about how I feel. I doubt it will make much difference though. Of course I could again post how much I disagree with any team caring more than 7 players to see what kinds of conversations that brings up : )

As long as we are not playing against teams in at our talent level, I will not be playing much I guess.

PGall
27
9 /9
3 /4
0 /0
1
0
5
1
2
0
29:49


29
10 /14
2 /3
3 /4
1
6
10
2
10
1
48:00

3 comments:

Rational Man Who isn't as rational as he thinks. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rational Man Who isn't as rational as he thinks. said...

Glad, i could find a post on indian basketball by a profesional player.
How is the Indian league so to speak?
Are they any camps or try-outs?

Unknown said...

Blase, This whole blog post is about a fictional basketball player in the Cyberdunk online simulation. In real life I am a teacher and do not actually know about professional basketball in India. I am sure you could find more information with some searching if you looked around though.